AALS provides a stimulating work environment in which staff and interns interact with law school professors and deans and a variety of professionals to accomplish the association’s mission: to advance the scholarship and excellence in teaching that make legal education a model for the rest of the world and to serve as legal education’s principal representative to the federal government on the formulation of policies that affect graduate and professional education. Staff are encouraged to present innovative approaches to projects and general issues facing legal education today.
Also, AALS has established internship/externship programs with a number of colleges and universities.
Click the links below for staff and intern/extern position descriptions. If you have questions and to apply, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web and Online Services Specialist
The Association of American Law Schools (AALS), is seeking a Manager of Online Services that is responsible for updating the Association Management System, the online Section communication platform, the Association’s website, and supporting other association web-based member services. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintains and updates the Association’s website, AMS, and other web applications using both server-based HTML and browser-based Association Management Systems, as necessary.
- Performs, reviews, and suggests improvements to web systems, design, programming, testing, debugging, and documentation for all assigned web projects and responsibilities.
- Manages online Section communication platform, including maintaining appearance, functionality, and technical support for users.
- Manages Section and Committee membership through Association Management Software and online communication platform.
- Develops and maintains existing metrics to measure engagement with online communication platform.
- Creates microsites and webpages for events and services using WordPress.
- Supports working group aimed at creatively and efficiently increasing Section engagement.
- Supports Database and Registration Manager with pre-registration, on-site registration, and technical support at professional development events, as necessary.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in social science, computer science or relevant field or equivalent experience and 2 years of experience with database and web management including 2+ years’ experience in registration and database management. A team oriented individual with outstanding customer service and communication skills. Technical skills include the following:
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS. Knowledge of SQL and PHP a plus.
- Hands-on experience with WordPress, or similar CMS a plus.
- Hands-on experience managing netFORUM Enterprise preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Socious, or similar online communication platform preferred.
- Able to develop organization structures for data entry and solutions to complex problems.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Must be extremely knowledgeable of Microsoft Word and Excel.
The Association of American Law Schools, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit association, provides law faculty with extensive professional development opportunities, including the AALS Annual Meeting which draws thousands of professors, deans and administrators each year, including the annual meeting Faculty Recruitment Conference, a workshop for new law teachers and a conference on clinical legal education.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. AALS is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
The Association of American Law Schools (AALS), a 501(c)(3) higher education association, represents 179 American law schools and is located in downtown Washington, D.C. AALS seeks 1-2 undergraduate or graduate students to work approximately 20 – 25 hours per week providing general administrative and office help at our Dupont Circle headquarters office. The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, self-motivated, reliable, a great writer and willing to roll up his/her sleeves to help with any project or task assigned. Position requires significant use of Microsoft Office and will involve heavy data entry. Candidates must be able to work 2-3 full days per week during normal business hours, Monday – Friday.
Compensation is $14/hour. E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include schedule of availability for consideration.