The AALS Directory of Law Teachers, the most widely used “desk book” of deans and law teachers, is a comprehensive listing of AALS member and fee-paid law schools and their faculty. The book contains:
- Biographical sketches of more than 10,000 law school Deans, tenured, tenure-track, long-term contract, and emeriti faculty;
- Separate listings of faculty by subject matter taught, those who identify as members of minority groups, and those who identify as LGBT;
- An abbreviated listing of professional staff and administrators according to their role in academic affairs, admissions, alumni affairs, development, placement, and student services.
Only full-time faculty (the law school dean, as well as tenured, tenure-track, long-term contract, and emeriti faculty) listed in the book can gain access to the application and conduct searches; law librarians and appointment committee members can obtain institutional access. Once logged in, the following search fields are available:
- Subjects, years teaching, and currently teaching;
- Tenure status including deans;
- It also allows users to cross-search for multiple faculty and multiple subject areas at the same time up to 2000 results.
Participants in the directory may adjust their privacy settings so their listing reflects the amount of information they would like to be available online.
If you are a dean, tenured, tenure-track, long-term contract, or an emeritus faculty member, you may view and edit your biographical entry.
Your username should be the same as your school email address. If you receive an error that says “Failed to Login,” please contact us.
If you are a dean, tenured, tenure-track, long-term contract, or an emeritus faculty member at member school and do not have a username and password, please contact your school’s designated contact person or Deans’ office.
Access the DLT & Update Profile
Restrictions on Use of the Directory
The Directory of Law Teachers publication is intended solely as a reference book for organizations, institutions, or individuals that have lawfully acquired its contents. All other use is strictly prohibited without prior written authorization from the AALS. By accessing the Directory online, you agree not to copy, collect, store, disseminate, or otherwise disclose to any other person its contents.