Faculty Recruitment Services
AALS offers a suite of three services to facilitate the hiring of law teaching jobs and administrator openings:
- Faculty Appointments Register (FAR), an online database with information about candidates for faculty positions.
- Placement Bulletin, a listing of available law school faculty and administrative positions.
- Faculty Recruitment Conference (FRC), a three-day event where law school interviewers and candidates meet and interview.
During the 2016 – 2017 hiring cycle, more than 114 law schools and organizations used the Placement Bulletin to advertise open faculty and staff positions. More than 150 schools and organizations used the FAR.
If you are unfamiliar with AALS Faculty Recruitment Services, we highly recommend that you begin with the tabs to the right: “For Candidates” if you are interested in a job teaching law, and “For Interviewers” if you represent a law school that is hiring.
AALS also offers the following services:
- Lateral Faculty Positions and Administrative Positions. If you are a faculty or a staff at member and fee-paid schools you may access the Placement Bulletin online at no charge by logging in to the member-only page. Only faculty and staff members listed in the AALS database have access. Your username is your primary law school email address. If you do not have or do not remember your password, click the “Forgot Password” link on the bottom of the login screen.
- Visiting & International Faculty Registers. These registers collate full-time law teachers at AALS member and fee-paid schools who are seeking invitations to serve in visiting positions during the upcoming academic year. They also include international law school faculty (non-U.S. law schools) who are seeking to visit at a U.S. law school. These registers are available electronically to deans and faculty at AALS member and fee-paid schools.
- Deanships. Locate a list of current vacancies. For any inquiries, contact us.
- AALS LinkedIn. Administrative positions at member and fee paid schools are shared on our LinkedIn page. For any inquiries, contact us.