Once you are ready to enter the law faculty market, the AALS provides a range of resources for law schools seeking to fill faculty and administrator positions and for candidates seeking those positions. For those seeking faculty positions, the process of preparing to enter the law teaching market begins well before one’s interactions with the AALS. AALS does not offer career counseling or placement services. Job seekers should contact the law school from which they graduated for such assistance.
We provide resources for the following groups/categories:
- AALS member and fee-paid law schools searching for faculty and administrators
- Entry Level Faculty Candidates
- Lateral Faculty Candidates
- Visiting and International faculty seeking temporary positions
- Faculty interested in deanships and other faculty administrative positions