Date Chartered: 1/1/1973
The Section on Law, Medicine and Health Care promotes the communication of ideas, interests and activities among members and makes recommendations to the Association on matters concerning law, medicine and health care.
Law, Medicine and Health Care 2019 Newsletter 2 (PDF)
Law, Medicine and Health Care 2019 Newsletter 1 (PDF)
Law, Medicine and Health Care 2018 Newsletter (PDF)
Law, Medicine and Health Care 2017 Newsletter (PDF)
Annual Meeting Programs
Community Service Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding contributions of law teachers in service in health law. Specifically, the purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding community service activities. The community service could take a wide variety of forms, including: pro bono litigation, legislative advocacy, leading or consulting on public initiatives, and other public or private projects. It can be local, regional, national, or international in scope. Service may be performed from an elected, appointed, or volunteer or other unofficial position.
Nominations and Eligibility:
- The Section will accept nominations only from qualified Section members.
- Those nominating must include one or two paragraphs explaining why the nominee is deserving of the award.
- Nominations will be accepted between June 15 and September 15.
- Nominations will be submitted to the email of the Section Secretary who will compile and distribute them to the entire Section Executive Committee.
- The Section will carry nominees from prior years and include them with current year’s nominees.
- The Selection Committee for the nominee will be comprised of the entire Section Executive Committee.
- Each member of the Selection Committee will review all nominations and will attempt to reach consensus on the award winner. A three-fourths vote is sufficient.
- Eligible award winners must be Section members.
- Law schools and any other institutions or organizations cannot receive an award.
- Both prior year and current year Section officers are excluded from being selected as an award winner.
- The Section may, but need not, give an award every year.
|Year||Award Name||Recipient||Law School|
|2020||Law, Medicine and Health Care Community Service Award||Leo Beletsky||Northeastern University School of Law|
|2019||Law, Medicine and Health Care Community Service Award||Wendy Parmet||Northeastern University School of Law|
|2018||Law, Medicine and Health Care Community Service Award||Charity Scott||Georgia State University School of Law|
|2017||Law, Medicine and Health Care Community Service Award||Sidney D. Watson||University of Georgia School of Law|
|2016||Law, Medicine and Health Care Award||John V. Jacobi||Seton Hall University School of Law|