Discussion lists can be used to share news, events, newsletters, job opportunities, calls for papers, awards nominations, and so much more.
To post a discussion list, you will need to be a member of the section. Join a Section Here.
How to Post to a Discussion List
There are three ways to post to a discussion list:
1. By sending an email to a Section’s unique email address. You can find a list of those address HERE.
2. Creating a post to the discussion list message board
- To post a discussion list, you will first need to be a member of the Section. Once you are a member, find the relevant discussion list by logging in to https://aalschools.connectedcommunity.org/home with your email and password from your institution. Click on the create button in the top right and discussion thread to create a post. This will post and send an email to the members of the section or “group” you select. In these posts you can add files that will end up in the Discussion List Library.
3. Simply replying to an email thread
- When you reply make sure to update the outgoing email address to the Section’s unique email address as it won’t always automatically populate.
Accessing the Discussion List through the Section Website
To access a discussion list through the section website, you will need:
- To be a member of the section
- Your AALS account username and password, which should be the same as your email and password with your institution. If you do not know your log in contact [email protected].
To post a discussion list through the section website, you can visit https://aalschools.connectedcommunity.org/home or navigate directly to your section’s webpage under Sections https://www.aals.org/sections/. Find your section’s page and click on the “Section Members” button. Log in with your username and password.
If you have any difficulty logging in or posting to discussion lists, feel free to reach out to AALS Support at any time.