The AALS Faculty Recruitment Conference takes place at:
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
2660 Woodley Road NW
AALS reserves a block of guest rooms at the Marriott Wardman Park at discounted rates. The rate is $269 for single and double occupancy plus taxes. Cancel by 6 pm on scheduled date of arrival to avoid being charged for one night. The cut-off date for reservations is September 11, 2019. Make your reservation at Marriott Wardman Park Reservation Link.
The Marriott Wardman Park is now sold out.
The Omni Shoreham, located directly across the street from the Marriott, has rooms available at $269 per night plus taxes. Please visit Omni Shoreham AALS Rooms to book your reservation. The Cut-off date is September 11, 2019. Please note there is a non-refundable one-night’s deposit required.
After September 11, please visit your favorite hotel booking sites.
Public Transportation (Metro)
The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel is located at the corner of Connecticut Avenue and Woodley Road, NW, in Washington, D.C. The hotel is close to the Woodley Park/Adams Morgan/National Zoo stop (red line) on Metro.
Reagan National Airport (DCA) is nearest the hotel and is connected to the Metro system.
- Estimated taxi fare: $30 one way
- Super Shuttle door-to-door service: $14 each way. Ticket counters are located in the Terminals B and C baggage claim area next to doors 4 and 9.
- To ride the Metro to the hotel, take the Yellow Line to Gallery Place/ Chinatown and change to the Red Line (heading toward Shady Grove) to the Woodley Park/Adams Morgan/National Zoo Metro station.
Dulles International Airport (IAD) is about 27 miles from the hotel in Virginia.
- Estimated taxi fare: $65 each way
- Super Shuttle door-to-door service: $29 each way. Ticket counters are located on the lower level just before the East and West exits.
Thurgood Marshall Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is in Baltimore, approximately one hour in non-rush hour traffic from the hotel.
- Consider using the MARC train from the airport to connect to Union Station in Washington, D.C. From Union Station you can take Metro Red Line to the Woodley Park/ Adams Morgan/National Zoo Metro stop.
- Estimated taxi fare: $88 one way
- Super Shuttle door-to-door service: $39 each way. The Super Shuttle ticket counters are both located on the lower level baggage claim area.
Self-parking at the Marriott Wardman Park is $48 per day and valet parking is $55 per day.