Connect Online with AALS Sections
Connect.AALS.org is the online home to the scholarly and professional Sections that make the Association of American Law Schools a learned society. In 2016, the AALS revamped the page to provide a more streamlined design that we hope you find easier to use.
- Listservs, file libraries, and customized webpages
- Faster access to relevant information
- A dynamic new welcome page
How do I use Connect.AALS.org?
Browse a list of Sections for Sections of interest
Join a Section by emailing email@example.com
Send a message using your Section listserv address (found by logging into your Section website)
New Member Resources
We encourage you to visit the Sections area of the AALS website at AALS.org/Sections, where you can find resources to guide you as a Section leader. There you will find online copies of the 2016-2017 AALS Section Officers Planning Guide, 2016-2017 Section Officer Planning Calendar, 2017 Annual Meeting Preliminary Program Online Submission Form, A Call for Papers Announcement Template, and Model Section By-laws.
You may wish to review and update your Section’s website to connect with your members and share useful information, including:
- Welcome Message: Every Section website provides a blank canvas for Section chairs to share open-ended content they see fit to share. Many chairs choose to include a welcome message to members.
- Listservs: If you haven’t used your listserv in a while, send a message to reconnect with your members. Listserv email addresses can be found on every Section website.
- Pages: You may create individual pages within your Section website including by-laws, bibliographies, and information regarding special programs.
- Links: You can develop and create a list of links to external websites that you think your members might find useful.
- File Sharing: Each Section has file sharing libraries. Share Calls for Papers, Newsletters, and other files relevant to your Section.
- Customize: Each website is customizable. If you have questions about changing the design of your site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions and Comments? If you have any questions or comments about the online resources available to Sections, please reach out to our Manager of Section Services, Josh Albertson.