- What are the registration deadlines?
||Friday, November 17, 2017
||Sunday, December 31, 2017
||Wednesday, January 3, 2018
All registrations submitted by regular mail or fax must be received by AALS no later than December 15, 2017. If you miss the advanced deadline, wait to register on-site at the Annual Meeting Registration Desk starting on the first day of the meeting, Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
- What is the Institutional Advancement registration type?
- This registration is for law school professional staff attending only the two-day Section on Institutional Advancement program. It does not include other Annual Meeting programs or events. Full-time law school faculty are not eligible for this type of registration, but are welcome to attend the program as part of their Full Meeting registration.
- May my spouse or partner attend the Annual Meeting?
- A non-faculty/staff spouse or partner is welcome to attend with any full meeting registrant. There is a special type of registration for spouse/partner that you may purchase for $35 either during your initial registration process or on-site. A spouse/partner registration may not be used by any individual who is also a law school faculty/staff member.
- I have already registered for the Annual Meeting. How can I add my spouse or partner to my registration?
- Registrants can add their spouse/partner to their registration using the online system. Please login and select the meeting you want to add your spouse too. Click the “Add a Guest” button and select the “AALS Guest” registration type to access the spouse/partner fee. A confirmation email will be sent when changes are made using the online system. Please email the Registration team with other questions or concerns.
- How do I add luncheons, breakfasts, and other sessions to my completed registration?
To add ticketed events and other sessions to your completed registration, please use the online system. You will be prompted to log-in. The login will be your email address and password. Please email the Registration Team if you need to change your password and we will be happy to reset it for you.
Once you log-in, select the 2018 Annual Meeting and click the “add session” link under the list of sessions. From there, the process will proceed like a normal registration.
A confirmation email will be sent to you when changes or additional tickets are made using the online system.
- What is the cancellation policy for the 2018 Annual Meeting?
- Cancellations must be made in writing and submitted by no later than December 15, 2017. A refund of all registration fees, minus a $50 processing fee, will be issued to these requests. Cancellations received after this date, as well as no-shows to the Annual Meeting, are not eligible to receive refunds of registration fees. Cancellation requests can be made by email or regular mail to: AALS Registration, c/o Erick Brown, 1614 20th St. NW, Washington, DC 20009.
- Do you offer a one-day registration rate?
- No, we do not offer a one-day registration or per-session/luncheon fee. Registration is for the entire Annual Meeting.
- Is there a fee to transfer my registration to another member of my law school?
- No, there is no charge to transfer a registration to another faculty/staff member of the same law school. Requests can be submitted until January 2, 2018.
- How do I submit a registration transfer?
If you are unable to attend the Annual Meeting you may authorize the transfer of your registration. These requests must be made in writing and sent from the person currently registered. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (202) 872-1829, or mail to AALS, 1614 20th St. NW, Washington, DC 20009. Requests must include the following information: A written authorization asking to cancel and transfer your registration. This authorization must arrive at AALS by January 2, 2018. Include the name of the individual who will receive the registration in your place.
A registration form filled out for the substitute registrant. (Please submit form by fax or mail if including credit card payment information.)
- I am an international faculty member or am not at an AALS law school. How do I get a login to register for the Annual Meeting?
- If you are not a member of an AALS law school, the registration team can create a login for you to register for the meeting. Please email email@example.com and we will set up an account for you.
- What is my AALS username and password?
- To register for the event, you will need a username and password. Your username is typically your school-affiliated email address. If you have never used our online registration before, check to see if you are in the AALS database by entering your email address into the Forgot Password portal. If you are in the database, the portal will send you login instructions for creating or resetting a password. If you are not in the database, please contact AALS support.
- How do I register if I do not want to pay by credit card online?
- Online registration using our secure website is strongly encouraged. We also offer the option to submit a paper registration form by fax to (202) 872-1829, or by regular mail (using check or credit card payment options). Please note that we no longer accept submission of registration forms by email.
- Does AALS accept payment by electronic direct deposit or wire transfer?
- AALS is not able to accept payment by electronic deposit or wire transfer.
- Why can’t I register by email?
- In order to meet Payment Card Industry Association (PCIA) standards, AALS no longer accepts credit card payments by email. We recommend the use of our secure online registration system, and are happy to provide assistance and answer any questions concerning this change.
- How can I request Access-Related Accommodations for the Annual Meeting?
For information on access-related accommodations please visit the Accessibility website. Contact AALS accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may assist you.