<<<back to International Directory of Law Schools index
1. Faculty of Legal and Political Sciences, Law School
1. Faculty of Legal and Political Science, Law School
John F. Kennedy Ave., Km. 5 ½, National District,
Phone: (809) 562-6601 ext.1061 Email: Oherrera@suprema.gov.do
- Awarded degree is Licentiate in Law and the usual period of study is 4 years.
- The University has a clinical program.
- Requirements for admission are: Bachelor diploma, academic index up to 2.00 or equivalent, test of admission.
- The number of admitted students is 60-80 each year.
- The number of graduate students is 40-50 each year.
- The University does not charges tuition fees to students.
- The number of full-time faculty: there are no full-time professors.
- The number of part-time faculty: 2
- The University does not have a separate Law Library. The law volumes – 70. 000, are at the University’s central library.
- The library provides 7 computer terminals for students.
Process from Law School to practice:
- Obtain the exequatur, which is a permission given by executive authority;
- Take oath at the supreme court of justice;
- To be a member of the school of lawyers.
In Judicial system in Dominican Republic is not necessary to do any training or practice in law firms or courts, or any previous exam to become a member of the BAR.